Starting 5th February, Tuesday 7.30 – 9.30, Tye Green, Cressing, CM77 8HL
Contact email@example.com to book
April 16th, 30th, and May 7th, 14th, 21st, and June 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th,
plus Saturday May 18th (tbc)
– starting 27th Feb
It covers all the needs of those thinking about keeping bees or who have just started.
Cost £50 and consists of 5 2 hour Theory Sessions & 2 Apiary Sessions.
Chelmsford Division runs a basic Introduction to Beekeeping Course (theory) for those new to beekeeping each Spring (Jan/Feb). The Course covers everything a beginner needs to know, before moving on to the Practical Course (in May) and then on to keep their own bees if they wish. Courses comprising 5 sessions (from 7-9pm) are held in Chelmsford. This Course is very popular and early booking is advised to secure a place. Full details are available on the Chelmsford website here
Braintree Beekeepers’ Association
Venue: St Barnabas Church Hall, Claude Ince Avenue, Tye Green, Cressing, CM77 8HL
Day and time: Wednesday 7.30 – 9.30
Duration: 6 weeks plus two practical sessions
Cost: £75 which includes a text book
- 31st January (Wednesday) – Introduction and Bee Anatomy
- 7th February (Wednesday) – Equipment and frame making
- 13th February (Tuesday) – The beekeeping year
- 21st February (Wednesday) – Hive products (honey, cut comb, beeswax, propolis, mead etc)
- 28th February (Wednesday) – Bee pests and diseases
- 7th March (Wednesday) – What next? Braintree Beekeepers’ Association, British Beekeepers’ Association, Mentors
- Saturday 7th April
- Saturday 14th April
(Subject to weather conditions – the sessions will be rearranged if it is too cold or wet to undertake hive inspections)
If you would like further information, contact Jan French email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Numbers are limited to 20, so please contact Jan French to check there are still spaces available.
These courses are likely still running, but dates and prices may be out of date.
Dengie & Maldon Beekeepers
- For those who would like to experience handling bees before embarking on full training, we offer a number of Taster Workshops. The cost is £25 and includes all your equipment and refreshments.
- Dates Sunday: 25 June; 2 July; 23 July; 6 Aug; 20 Aug and 3 Sept
- Venue: Maldon CM9 6QX
- Cost: £25
- If you have already decided you want to keep bees our Beginners course – The Wonderful World of Beekeeping – is for you. The cost of this is £85 and includes two apiary days, where you will learn about handling bees, as well as the BBKA Guide to Beekeeping (rrp £16.99)
- Dates: 30 January – 27 February (FULL) and 20 March – 24 Apri
- Time: 7pm – 10pm
- Venue: Maldon CM9 5PR
- Cost: £85
- To compliment your beekeeping skills and training, we also offer an online Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. This ensures you are fully compliant with the food hygiene regulations and can extract your honey from hive to mouth with confidence.
- Dates: online
- Time: online
- Venue: online
- Cost: £15